Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lost






I can't find it!  Did I lose it because of my carelessness?  Or is it in my belongings and I just keep overlooking it?

Because I so rarely lose anything, I am unprepared to forgive myself.  Unprepared to shrug it off, as I would if someone else had lost something of value that belonged to me.

I am struggling.

Unfortunately, I can see I am going to keep circling back, cycling between bewilderment and self-recriminations.  And telling myself someone picked it up and needed it worse than I do, that doesn't help.

Even my Christian philosophy with it's reassurance that God has plans for me, plans to profit and not to allow harm to me, I am stubbornly ignoring that.  I am going to bed early in hopes to forgive and forget as I sleep.

4 comments:

  1. I know how frustrating it can be to lose something that is so obviously meaningful to you. I'm hoping that this comes to a satisfying and meaningful conclusion for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It feels awful when we lose something. I hope the feeling passes soon. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray your night's sleep will give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are able to forgive. Sometimes that's so hard.

    Unfortunately, I misplace things often and lose them outright too.

    ReplyDelete